Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Meet Our Board: Eileen Wong, Pre-Professional Partner

Name, Hometown, Major:
Eileen Wong
Vancouver, Canada 
Political Science | Business Management
L
Current and Previous Roles on the Pre-Law Society Board:
This year, I am the Partner of the Pre-Professional Committee on the Pre-Law Society Board. Last year, I was a General Body Member. I am so excited about this upcoming year, and we have a lot of great events and panels planned!
What are some of your "career highlights" and/or professional goals?
I only started to become interested in law the summer before my freshman year at Columbia. I decided to try it out, and I interned at a law firm specializing in real estate and fraud litigation, and also a Canadian immigration law firm. This summer, I interned with the Children’s Defense Fund in their Juvenile Justice and Education Justice sectors, and I also interned with a Judge in the Queens Criminal Courts. I also worked abroad this summer in a teaching fellowship in Hong Kong and Shanghai. I am unsure what field of law I will want to specialize in, but there’s tons of time to figure it out! Feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to know more or if you have any questions! 

Do you have any advice for other Pre-Law students at Columbia?
Go out and experience different fields of law first-hand!
What's a fun fact about you?
My favorite animals are cats, turtles, and giraffes! Talk with me about animals any day!